Our hygiene appointments will leave your teeth feeling squeaky clean and will help you maintain your oral health.
Hygiene appointments are important to help keep your teeth and gums clean, your mouth healthy and your breath fresh.
Our hygienists Hayley and Ros have been working with us for many years and are experts in helping you with any oral hygiene issues including bleeding gums, receding gums and gum disease (gingivitis and periodontitis). As well as being thorough, professional and passionate about improving your oral health, they are also warm, caring and won’t judge you whatever your start point.
What we do during your hygiene appointment
In your hygiene appointment we:
- Examine your mouth and tongue for any signs of oral cancer.
- Check your gum health for any signs of gum disease (gingivitis or periodontitis).
- Show how you can clean any areas of the mouth that are harder to reach.
- Recommend any special oral hygiene techniques, tools or routines.
- Scale your teeth to remove any hard bacteria deposits (calculus).
- Polish your teeth to remove any surface staining and leave them looking brighter.
Why Choose Us?
- We believe in helping you improve your everyday oral hygiene so can keep your teeth feeling fresh and clean for longer. We’ll share brushing and flossing techniques with you and help you find the best cleaning tools for you.
- We won’t make you feel guilty for the occasional fizzy drink or forgetting to floss.
- We can apply an anaesthetic gel to your gums to make the cleaning feel much more comfortable and minimise any sensitivity.
- Our team of specialists and dentists work closely with our hygienists to make sure we work together for any treatments plans to get the best results for your smile.
You May Be Interested in…
FAQsBack to General Dentistry